In Florida 1 in 4 men will be diagnosed with Prostate Cancer
- Florida has the second highest incidence of prostate cancer in the Nation
- 1 in 4 men will be diagnosed over their lifetime (1 in 6 nationally)
- Significant health disparities, predominantly in rural communities
- Lack of systemic education and awareness regarding best practices and current guidelines
- Prostate cancer often portrayed as an unimportant disease of the elderly, fraught with over-diagnosis and over-treatment
- Florida has become the 3rd Populous State Click to Link.